Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

ise-Suter contract situation he

in Fragen vor der Anschaffung 09.08.2018 04:44
von panxing18 | 115 Beiträge

No. 1 overall pick Casey Mize agreed Monday to a minor league contract with the Detroit Tigers that includes a $7.5 million signing bonus Breeland Speaks Color Rush Jersey , the highest for any drafted player since 2011.

Detroit didn’t go into much detail about its 2018 plan for Mize, but it certainly sounds as if he’ll pitch in the organization at some point soon.

”We pretty much know what we’re going to do,” said Scott Pleis, the team’s director of amateur scouting. ”We’re going to figure that out – how many innings, how that’s going to work out, when he’s going to do it. So all the stuff will be mapped out.”

Alex Faedo, a right-hander drafted by the Tigers in the first round last year, did not start his minor league career until this season. He’s at Double-A Erie now.

In 17 starts at Auburn this year, Mize went 10-6 with a 3.30 ERA. The 6-foot-3 junior averaged 12.24 strikeouts per nine innings. The Tigers took him with the No. 1 draft pick earlier this month . His bonus in the highest for a player since Aug. 15, 2011, when pitcher Gerrit Cole agreed to an $8 million bonus with Pittsburgh and outfielder Bubba Starling struck a $7.5 million deal with Kansas City.

Mize’s bonus is below his $8,096 http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jalyn-holmes-jersey ,300 slot value. In three seasons at Auburn, Mize went 20-13 with a 2.96 ERA, 324 strikeouts and 43 walks.

The Tigers also agreed with Texas second baseman Kody Clemens, the youngest son of seven-time Cy Young winner Roger Clemens, on a deal with a $600,000 signing bonus. Detroit took him in the third round.

Shortly after Detroit announced the deal with Mize, the Tigers held a news conference with him at Comerica Park. He also had a chance to go on the field and interact with players.

”A little nervous to even go play catch,” Mize said. ”I felt a part of it a little bit, which was an awesome feeling. Even stepping in the dugout, and kind of just seeing the stadium. I don’t know – it was really cool.”

Mize was asked about any players he may have tried to emulate growing up. His answer never played for the Tigers – but it’s someone who did go to high school in Michigan.

”There is a guy that I grew up idolizing, but he’s not a pitcher,” Mize said. ”I loved Derek Jeter growing up Andrei Svechnikov Jersey , because I played shortstop as well.”

After working a quarter-century in the NHL, including two decades in management, Paul Fenton finally has the opportunity to run a team.

The new general manager of the Minnesota Wild has been tasked with retooling a roster that has produced a consistent regular season winner but, more importantly, scant success in the playoffs.

”I’m confident we have a very good team in Minnesota and believe Paul shares that same belief. The goal remains to bring a Stanley Cup to the state of hockey,” owner Craig Leipold said. ”No pressure, Paul, but that is where it starts.”

The 58-year-old Fenton was introduced on Tuesday at Xcel Energy Center, where the Wild have reached the postseason six straight times to match the longest streak in the Western Conference with the Anaheim Ducks. The problem is they’ve won only two series during that run, both in the first round. That’s why Leipold dismissed Chuck Fletcher after nine seasons and, after a month of interviewing and considering candidates, turned to Fenton for a fresh perspective .

”As we went through the process http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ronald-jones-ii-jersey , we kept hearing good things about our team,” Leipold said. ”We kept feeling better and better, and it really reinforced what we thought. This is not a rebuild. It’s a tweaking.”

Existing contracts essentially make a teardown impossible. Center Mikko Koivu, left wing Zach Parise and defenseman Ryan Suter accounted for almost 30 percent of the Wild’s salary cap in 2017-18. Koivu’s two-year extension kicks in this summer. Parise and Suter are signed for seven more seasons. All three players attended the news conference, as did coach Bruce Boudreau and several holdover hockey operations staffers.

”It obviously doesn’t need to be overhauled,” Fenton said. ”We have a lot of really good veteran pieces, young guys that are coming, and I’m just looking forward to trying to put on some finishing touches to help us win.”

Even without no-trade clauses, the Koivu-Parise-Suter core would be difficult to move with their current deals. There are plenty of other valuable players that Fenton could use as assets in trades, though, and there’s precedent for him doing just that.

During his 12-year tenure as assistant general manager of the Nashville Predators, Fenton teamed with general manager David Poile to pull off several bold moves. They shipped Shea Weber to the Montreal Canadiens for P.K. Subban in a swap of standout defensemen two summers ago after sending defenseman Seth Jones to the Columbus Blue Jackets for center Ryan Johansen about six months earlier http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-patrick-omameh-jersey , deals that set the stage for the Predators to reach the Stanley Cup finals in 2017. They had the best record in the league in the 2017-18 regular season.

Fenton declined to make any evaluations or proclamations about the Wild during his session with reporters, but he did give a definitive answer to a question about whether he’d keep the aggressive approach to trading.

”I like to think outside the box,” he said, later adding: ”I’ll look at small trades. I’ll look at big trades. Whatever is going to improve this organization going forward to give us a chance to win the Stanley Cup, we’re going to look.”

As for feeling limited by the Koivu-Parise-Suter contract situation he inherited, well, if he was daunted by it he wouldn’t have been hired.

”Everybody has the same problem,” Fenton said. ”We’re all cap driven.”

Fenton was accompanied by his wife, Nona, who was once his high school sweetheart in Massachusetts, and his two adult sons, P.J. and Owen Jason McCourty Color Rush Jersey , and daughter-in-law Stefanie. There’s a granddaughter in the family as well.

Suter was a familiar face to Fenton in the crowd, too. The Predators drafted him in the first round in 2003 while Fenton was director of player personnel. Leipold owned the Predators then, too.

”We have mutual friends that say good things about each other, so I don’t think it’s going to be a difficult transition at all,” said Boudreau, who will enter his third season with the Wild. ”We’re hockey guys, and when we’re getting together we’re going to be talking hockey all the time. That’s what we love to do. He spent a lot of years looking at the minors. I’ve been a lot of years in the minors. I think it should end up being a really good relationship.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: gfgfgfgfgfgf5
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3545 Themen und 18718 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 101 Benutzer (06.10.2016 22:29).

Xobor Xobor Community Software