Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

A, too,” he said, smiling b

in Fragen vor der Anschaffung 10.08.2018 05:27
von liny195 | 50 Beiträge

Los Angeles Angels two-way rookie Shohei Ohtani will be re-evaluated within the next three weeks to gauge progress in his recovery from a sprained ligament in his right elbow.

Angels manager Mike Scioscia announced the slight adjustment to Ohtani’s timeline Monday before his club opened an interleague series against Arizona.

Scioscia also said the Angels are ”very optimistic” about Ohtani’s prognosis. The Japanese star has been simulating swings with a bat in his left hand and participating in strength training and running for the past three to four days. A right-handed pitcher and left-handed batter Daryl Worley Color Rush Jersey , he won’t throw for at least two more weeks.

Ohtani is ”doing as much as he can without impacting his elbow,” Scioscia said.

The Angels initially said Ohtani would be re-evaluated within three weeks after his injections of platelet-rich plasma and stem cells. That procedure occurred June 7, one day after the Grade 2 sprain was discovered.

Scioscia said Monday the checkup will happen ”in two to three weeks,” indicating the Angels might not take the next step in Ohtani’s recovery until July.

”We’re not quite there yet,” Scioscia said. ”But I think within the two- or three-week range from now, when he’s evaluated, we’ll certainly have an idea of what you can add to his workload, what he’s able to do. Get an idea where exactly the healing process is Jay Buhner Seattle Mariners Jersey , quantify it, and we’ll have an idea.”

Ohtani hasn’t played since June 6, when he left a start after four innings due to another blister on his fingers. The Angels subsequently discovered the strained ligament and took quick steps in hopes of avoiding Tommy John surgery for their prized rookie.

Scioscia declined to speculate about whether Ohtani could continue his career as a designated hitter if he was unable to pitch for a prolonged period.

”(When) we talk about Shohei, it’s really two different players,” Scioscia said. ”And one does not necessarily impact the other unless he was doing both at the same time, like when he’s pitching and he needed days off to recover and then he could hit.”

Ohtani, who turns 24 next month, is off to an outstanding start in his first stateside season as baseball’s most successful two-way player in decades. He is 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA on the mound Dallas Goedert Color Rush Jersey , and is batting .289 with six homers and 20 RBIs during 30 starts as a designated hitter.

The Angels have been on the road since Ohtani’s injury was discovered, but they returned to Anaheim on Sunday night to begin their only week at home until July.

”Initially, he was obviously very disappointed (by the injury),” Scioscia said. ”I think that as he’s gone through this first week of therapy, I think he’s come to grips with it and understands exactly what the process will be. The medical staff and Dr. (Steve) Yoon are very optimistic, so we’ll evaluate in two to three weeks, get a better idea.”

Philadelphia 76ers All-Star center Joel Embiid said it’s unlikely he’ll be available for at least Game 1 of the playoffs this weekend.

Embiid hasn’t played since March 28 when he suffered a broken bone around his left eye in a collision with teammate Markelle Fultz. Embiid, who has since been cleared of a concussion suffered from the accidental headbutt Cheap Sam Darnold Jersey , had surgery on March 31. The 7-footer wore the mask during pregame shooting drills and would need one in the postseason.

”I don’t think I’m ready to play,” he said. ”It still doesn’t feel all the way right.”

The Sixers clearly need their big man if they’re going to make a run in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Embiid leads the team with 22.9 points and 11 rebounds in 63 games, helping Philly clinch its first playoff berth since 2012.

Embiid says it’s ”unlikely but still a chance,” he plays in Game 1.

”I want to play but right now I feel like I’m not ready yet,” Embiid said. ”It’s getting there. I’ve got to keep working every day. With the way it’s been progressing, I’m hopeful I’ll be back soon.”

He said the eye was still swollen and he doesn’t suffer from blurred vision.

”I’m actually surprised how fast it is getting better,” he said.

The Sixers have won a team-record 15 straight games and can wrap up the third seed in the Eastern Conference with a home victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday night.

Embiid said he hoped the NBA would allow him to wear a black mask that made him look like the 76ers’ version of Zorro.

”With a clear mask, it kind of feels like there’s so much reflection Josh Allen Color Rush Jersey , and I can’t really see,” he said. ”With the black mask, it kind of gives you a clear vision. Hopefully, it gets approved and I get to play in it.”

Embiid has yet to participate in any contact drills and has limited his activities to light workouts.

Embiid is used to sitting out with the Sixers – he missed his first two seasons with a broken foot and played just 31 games last season because of a knee injury. The Sixers had been cautious this season and initially held him out of the back end of consecutive games on the schedule. But he stayed healthy until the freak injury and developed into one of the league’s top defenders (1.8 blocks, 38 double-doubles).

He stumped for Brett Brown to win NBA coach of the year, teammate Ben Simmons for rookie of the year and himself, naturally, to win NBA defensive player of the year.

”I feel I’ve been the best defensive player in the league this year http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dallas-goedert-jersey ,” Embiid said. ”We have the resume. We won a lot of games. We’re a top-three defensive team in the league and a lot of that speaks for itself. Last year, I kind of had a knock on me for not playing a lot of games. This year, when I actually do play a lot of games, I don’t know what excuse they’re going to find next.”

Anything else?

”I should be first-team All-NBA, too,” he said, smiling behind his mask. ”I feel like I’m best the center in the league.”

nach oben springen