Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

“I mean [ur

in Ernährung 11.08.2018 08:50
von elaine95 | 133 Beiträge

Down 3-0 after a disastrous opening 20 minutes Terrell Edmunds Steelers Jersey , there was no flipping of tables or peeling of paint off the walls in the Winnipeg Jets‘ locker room.

They instead spent the first intermission calmly trying to figure a way out of that deficit.

”We got kicked in the teeth a little bit,” Jets captain Blake Wheeler said. ”Our goal was just to win the second period and give ourselves a chance.”

They did that, and a whole lot more.

Wheeler scored on the power play with 4:59 left after Winnipeg roared back from that early deficit to defeat the Nashville Predators 7-4 on Tuesday night and grab a 2-1 lead in their second-round playoff series.

”It’s definitely not how you draw up a first period, but nobody panicked,” said Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba, who finished with a goal and an assist.

”We just regrouped. It wasn’t really any different in here than if it was a tie game or if we were winning.

”We just went out there and played a little bit faster and played with a little bit more confidence.”

Dustin Byfuglien had two goals and an assist for Winnipeg, and Paul Stastny added a goal and two assists.

Wheeler, who also had an assist, scored the first of two empty-net goals in the final minute, with Brandon Tanev getting the other.

Mark Scheifele added two assists to become the first player since Sidney Crosby in 2010 to have five consecutive multi-point games in a postseason. Connor Hellebuyck made 26 stops.

Filip Forsberg and P.K. Subban each had a goal and an assist for Nashville, while Mike Fisher and Austin Watson also scored. Mattias Ekholm and Ryan Johansen both added two assists for the Predators, who got 38 saves from Pekka Rinne.

”We just stopped playing,” Nashville defenseman Ryan Ellis said. ”You can’t win hockey when you stop playing.”

Johansen said the Predators stopped skating after blowing the lead.

”We stopped moving our legs,” Johansen said. ”We did a lot of things poorly and they got better. Momentum swings in playoffs Billy Price Youth Jersey , they can be deadly.”

Game 4 is Thursday night in Winnipeg before things shift back to Nashville for Game 5 on Saturday.

After the Predators surged ahead on goals by Fisher, Subban and Watson in the first period, the Jets roared out of the gate in the second to tie it during a frantic three-minute stretch.

Stastny got the comeback started at 2:38 when Trouba’s bouncing shot from the point struck his skate in front and ricocheted in off the crossbar and straight out.

The veteran center raised his arms in celebration, but play continued for a few seconds before officials blew the sequence dead to check if the puck crossed the line.

Wheeler then missed a wide-open net after Rinne’s turnover before getting cleaned out by Watson along the boards.

Scheifele came to Wheeler’s defense to nullify what would have been a Winnipeg power play, but the Jets seemed to get a boost from the exchange and made it 3-2 when Byfuglien blasted his second of the playoffs past Rinne at 5:11.

Then with the teams still playing 4-on-4, Trouba took a slick pass from Wheeler just 18 seconds later to send the white-clad crowd Bell MTS Place into its third frenzy in quick succession with his second of the postseason.

”That was chaos,” Stastny said.

Winnipeg imposed its physical will as the period wore on, hitting Nashville’s defense at every opportunity, and the pressure finally paid off with 45 seconds remaining when Patrik Laine passed to Byfuglien for his second of the game.

The big defenseman celebrated by removing a glove and dancing – a far cry from the playful punches he threw at teammates after Winnipeg tied Game 2 late in regulation.

”You guys only see him on the ice,” Trouba said. ”I see him dance all the time.”

But Nashville punched back to even the score 4-4 at 7:40 of the third when Forsberg wheeled across the top of the slot on the power play to beat Hellebuyck with his fifth goal of the postseason shortly after Laine hit the post.

Trouba then turned the puck over at the offensive blue line to send Viktor Arvidsson in alone on a breakaway, but Hellebuyck was there with a big glove stop.

Winnipeg got its third man advantage of the third with 5:59 remaining when Subban went off for high-sticking after failing to clear the puck twice late in a previous Jets power play. Wheeler scored the winner from a tight angle after Rinne stopped Scheifele from the slot.

”Our fans are huge. It’s real, too,” Wheeler said. ”Our crowd noise is from the crowd. It’s not from speakers or music or live bands or whatever.

”That’s people making noise and that goes right through your body.”

Winnipeg’s Kyle Connor missed on a breakaway that would have sealed it on another man advantage before Nick Bonino hit the post at the other end for Nashville.

Wheeler and Tanev then sealed it into an empty net in the final minute.

The Jets opened the series with a 4-1 win in Nashville before the Predators picked up a 5-4 double overtime victory in Game 2.

The Predators silenced Winnipeg’s fans just 4:53 in Tuesday when Fisher poked a loose puck over the goal line for his first of the playoffs after Hellebuyck couldn’t squeeze Ryan Hartman’s tip of Ekholm’s shot from the sideboards.

Wheeler then took an offensive zone tripping penalty, and the Predators capitalized when Subban scored his second of the playoffs Sam Darnold Jersey , and second in as many games, through Hellebuyck’s legs at 10:06.

Watson made it 3-0 with 2:25 left when he — Saints left tackle Terron Armstead rattles off travel destinations that — unfortunately for him — have nothing to do with the kind of jet-setting leisure a big NFL contract affords.

Rather, New Orleans’ second-highest-paid offensive player has been on a protracted search for answers about how to stay healthy.

“I’ve done pretty much everything as far as injury prevention. I’ve been a lot of places, you know, out of the country, spent a lot of time with different doctors, just trying to get over that hump,” Armstead said, listing trips to Germany, New York, Minnesota, Texas and Florida, among others. “I’ve been pretty much everywhere.”

During the early days of training camp, Armstead — one of the players most responsible for protecting quarterback Drew Brees from potentially devastating blind-side hits — has sounded confident that his journey back to optimum health is nearly complete.

“I was able to start the offseason getting stronger in areas that were injured before M.J. Stewart Youth Jersey ,” Armstead said, explaining that in the past, he wasn’t able to train the way he wanted to because previous injuries were still healing. “So being able to start the offseason getting stronger in areas that I haven’t been able to, that was the difference.”

Armstead has missed 15 regular-season games since the Saints signed him to a five-year extension worth about $65 million in 2016. He sat out six games last season and nine the season before that. And when he has played, he often has fought through pain to do so. Last season, he was bothered by a hip injury after coming back from a shoulder injury.

Earlier in his career, he struggled with knee soreness, which led him to seek out the same type of plasma therapy in Germany sought out by high-profile athletes such as former NBA star Kobe Bryant.

During the first days of training camp, coaches and teammates have commented on Armstead’s apparent improvements in strength, form and vigor.

“He’s not rehabbing. He was training,” coach Sean Payton said. “The guys that have been injured have not been really on the ground. You can be on a treadmill or a bike, but it’s different when you’re actually on the ground playing. So it’s good to have him. He’s not only an important player for us, but also an important leader.

“He’s always been a really good athlete and he’s playing well.”

The Saints selected Armstead in the third round of the 2013 draft and elevated him to starter at the end of his rookie season. While Armstead spent his college career largely out of the limelight at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, NFL personnel took notice when he ran 40 yards in 4.71 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. In other words Authentic Austin Corbett Jersey , when healthy, he moves well for someone listed at 6-foot-5, 304 pounds.

Veteran guard Larry Warford, now in his second season in New Orleans, describes Armstead’s recent form as “unbelievable.”

“Even compared to last year, I think he’s vastly improved — and that’s saying a lot because he was damn good last year,” Warford said. “I’m excited to see him this season because I think he’s going to be a dominant player.

“It’s hard to appreciate if you’re not an offensive lineman, but just the intent of everything he does is superior. It’s top-notch,” Warford continued. “There’s a lot of natural ability that goes into that as well, but you can see that he’s been working. I know he’s felt bad about missing (games in past seasons) and so he just got his body right and got healthy.”

Armstead’s athleticism doesn’t merely present challenges for defensive ends trying to pressure Brees. His ability to move fast thwarts linebackers chasing running plays across the field.

Saints second-year linebacker Alex Anzalone said he’s seen Armstead do plenty of that in practice.

“For a big guy, he rolls really well,” Anzalone said.

Armstead said that earlier in his career, he “never knew why things kept happening” to take him out of action. And while he knows there’s no guaranteeing one’s health in the NFL, he asserts that his grasp of everything from how muscle groups work together to injury prevention is far superior to what it was a few years ago.

“I mean Derrius Guice Youth Jersey , it’s football,” Armstead said. “Things happen for sure, but I’m on top of anything I can do to prevent it and be out there for my team.”

Notes: Saints first-round draft choice, defensive end Marcus Davenport, and veteran tight end Ben Watson both missed their fourth straight practices with undisclosed ailments on Saturday. Also not practicing were OL John Fullington, DB JT Gray, TE Micheal Hoomanawanui, DB Kamrin Moore, C Cameron Tom and RB Shane Vereen.

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 9 Gäste sind Online

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: kaman81015
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3369 Themen und 18541 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 101 Benutzer (06.10.2016 22:29).

Xobor Xobor Community Software