Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

land’s veteran quarter

in Fragen vor der Anschaffung 23.08.2018 08:36
von panxing18 | 143 Beiträge

Sabres general manager Jason Botterill is drawing from his championship past in Pittsburgh to provide a boost in Buffalo.

The Sabres improved their top-six forward ranks by acquiring Conor Sheary and defenseman Matt Hunwick in a trade with Pittsburgh on Wednesday. The Penguins obtained a conditional 2019 fourth-round pick that could improve to a third-rounder in move that frees up $5.5 million of space under their salary cap before the NHL’s free-agency period opens Sunday.

Sheary was the key to the deal for Botterill. He’s the former Penguins assistant GM who watched the undrafted player develop in making the jump from signing a minor-league tryout contract to winning two Stanley Cup titles playing alongside Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby.

”When people were saying he couldn’t do it Seahawks Alex McGough Jersey , he found a way,” said Botterill, who had a hand in signing Sheary in 2014. ”That sort of determination and compete and work ethic something we’re looking to bring to our group.”

Sheary is a dependable two-way forward who will be given an opportunity to play wing on one of Buffalo’s top lines centered by Jack Eichel or Ryan O’Reilly.

Botterill valued Sheary’s playoff experience and ability to perform against other teams’ top defenders.

After scoring 23 goals and 53 points in 61 games in 2016-17, Sheary’s production dropped last year, when he finished with 18 goals and 30 points in 79 games.

Sheary has one year left on his contract before he is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent.

The Penguins are shaking up their lineup after failing to win a third consecutive title. The trade came a day after Pittsburgh signed forward Bryan Rust to a four-year contract extension. The Penguins on Wednesday evening used some of their newfound cap space to re-sign forward Riley Sheahan to a $2.1 million, one-year contract.

Hunwick is an 11-year veteran, who signed a two-year contract with the Penguins in free agency last summer. He finished with four goals and 10 points in 42 games last season. The Sabres become his fifth team in six years.

Drafted in the seventh round by Boston in 2004, Hunwick played three-plus seasons with the Bruins, and has also played with Colorado, Toronto and the New York Rangers. He has 25 goals and 117 points in 521 career games.

Hunwick joins Buffalo’s already crowded defensive ranks, which are expected to include 18-year-old Swedish blue-liner Rasmus Dahlin Nick Nelson Jersey Raiders , who was selected with the No. 1 pick in the draft last week.

Buffalo’s returning defensemen include Rasmus Ristolainen, Zach Bogosian, Marco Scandella and Jake McCabe.

Dahlin drew a crowd of about 1,800 fans Wednesday, when the Sabres opened a four-day rookie development camp.

The Sabres are coming off a disappointing season in which they finished last for the third time in five years.

Botterill won’t say if he’s done attempting to improve his lineup through trades, including ongoing chatter involving O’Reilly.

Botterill has acknowledged receiving interest in O’Reilly, but dismissed a report he had a deal in place to trade the center to Montreal during the draft.

”I understand why people are calling on him, but the validity of a lot of the rumors are simply untrue,” Botterill said. ”I would just say from Day 1, we’ve been very happy with Ryan being part of our group.”

Charles Woodson took a break from overseeing his winery in the Napa Valley to visit the Oakland Raiders training camp Thursday. Peyton Manning was there, too Authentic Jaire Alexander Jersey , while in the midst of a speaking tour.

The two future Hall-of-Famers were all over the place, chatting with players and coaches and going over techniques as the Raiders went through their 2 1/2-hour workout.

For Woodson, it was a step back in time. The nine-time Pro Bowl defensive back spent 11 seasons over two stints with the Raiders and was a rookie in 1998, Jon Gruden’s first year as an NFL coach.

Now retired and an analyst for ESPN, the 41-year-old Woodson was a little startled when he walked onto the practice field and heard music blaring from a far corner.

”I don’t remember that ever happening,” Woodson said, grinning. ”I was just telling somebody, everybody’s talking about Gruden’s been out of the game, he’s out of touch. Actually he’s not. He’s got a DJ. I think he’s fitting right in.”

Although his beard is filled with more gray than ever, Woodson – who last played in 2015 when he earned Pro Bowl recognition as a safety – still looks physically capable of playing in the NFL.

Not long after Gruden was hired in the offseason to return to the Raiders, he joked that he might try to convince Woodson to come out of retirement.

Woodson laughed at the thought but said Gruden isn’t much different than he was when he first coached the Raiders 20 years ago.

”I remember coming in seeing a young fiery Jon Gruden and he seems to have that same thing going on Cody Latimer Jersey Giants ,” Woodson said. ”It’s going to be great for the players to have a guy with that kind of energy back on the sidelines. I think it’s going to be a fun year. It’s going to be a process, of course. You have to get guys to buy into what you’re selling. If they do that they’ll be fine.”

One player not in camp is defensive end Khalil Mack, who is holding out in a contract dispute.

Woodson was in a similar position in 2004 and 2005 when he held out in training camp looking for a new deal. Each year, the Raiders hit him with the franchise tag.

Woodson said he has spoken with Mack and encouraged the 2016 Defensive Player of the Year to stay in shape while negotiations continue.

”He’s a young guy that’s trying to get paid and I don’t fault any man for that,” Woodson said. ”Now, every team’s going to have their limits of what they feel they can do and what they won’t do. You have to navigate that. He’s a smart enough guy, he’ll figure it out.

”I just told him, `Whenever you come back. I don’t know what happens with your deal, if you get a new deal or if you’re playing on the same deal, when you come back come back ready.’ You don’t want anybody saying anything crazy about your conditioning and all of this sort of thing.”

Manning attended camp while in the Bay Area for a speaking engagement in San Francisco. He phoned Gruden to ask if he could come out to practice then spent the afternoon chatting with Derek Carr and quarterbacks coach Brian Callahan.

”Being a football junkie, Jon and I kind of speak the same language Youth Tennessee Titans Jerseys ,” Manning said. ”I know he’s happy. Good for football that he’s back in the game.”

Gruden put both men to work.

Woodson spoke to the players during a team meeting while Manning sat in during the quarterbacks meeting, watched film and offered his own tips.

Manning specifically spoke at length with Carr, Oakland’s veteran quarterback who is learning his third system in four years.

”I really like Derek,” Manning said. ”He is very engaged and obviously trying to learn a new system, which is a challenge. But one thing about Jon Gruden is he loves football so everybody playing for him better love it too. When your QB loves it, and you can tell Carr does, it shows.”

nach oben springen