Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

Newman said hear

in Ernährung 27.09.2018 08:11
von elaine95 | 314 Beiträge

Tennessee left tackle Taylor Lewan is skipping the Titans' mandatory minicamp while his agents negotiate a new contract for the two-time Pro Bowl lineman.

Titans general manager Jon Robinson said in a statement Tuesday just before the team started a three-day minicamp that Lewan's representatives told the team he would not be attending.

"We have had several constructive conversations over the last 5-6 weeks about his contract status Authentic Drew Brees Jersey ," Robinson said in his statement. "He is currently under contract, and we are working to keep Taylor as part of this organization for a long time."

Lewan, who turns 27 in July, is younger than Nate Solder who became the league's highest-paid offensive lineman in March with a four-year, $62 million deal from the New York Giants . Lewan is under contract for 2018 after the Titans picked up his fifth-year option paying him $9.34 million this season.

The Titans drafted Lewan at No. 11 overall in 2014 out of Michigan, and he has started every game the past two seasons in being selected to consecutive Pro Bowls. He has started 53 of his 58 games played with the 6-foot-7, 309-pound Lewan a key piece in protecting quarterback Marcus Mariota.

First-year head coach Mike Vrabel, himself a former NFL player, said he is confident in Robinson and the front office to handle contracts.

"I understand that there sometimes becomes issues with those, so I think that they're best handled internally," Vrabel said.

Lewan had taken part in most of the team's offseason program, and he also helped the Titans unveil their redesigned uniforms in April. But he wasn't at a photo session Monday, and the Titans announced Lewan wouldn't be at minicamp minutes before the first practice started Tuesday.

Kevin Pamphile, a free agent signee this March, replaced Lewan in the lineup at left tackle. Dennis Kelly has been at right tackle with Jack Conklin recovering after tearing his left ACL in the Titans' playoff loss at New England. Pamphile signed with the Titans in part for an opportunity and from getting to know Robinson while in Tampa Bay.

"You've got to take advantage of every rep you get whoever's across the line," Pamphile said. "Opportunity and competition that remains the key for our offensive line, want to make sure we're all competing and getting better each day."

Lewan Womens C.J. Mosley Jersey , a Pro Bowl left tackle, told reporters May 30 that he was letting his agent handle negotiations for a new contract and that any talks with the Titans to that point were nothing worth talking about.

Lewan, who believes he's the NFL's best left tackle, certainly noticed Solder's "awesome" contract.

"There are a lot of things I do well and a lot of things I can improve upon as a football player," Lewan said on May 30.

"But for me, if I don't walk on the field and think I'm the best player in the NFL every time I step on the field, then I'm doing something wrong."

Four-time Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Orakpo isn't worried about Lewan not being at this minicamp.

"I love Lewan, I respect every decision he makes, and one thing about Lewan whether he's right here right now or whether I see him Week 1, he's going to be ready to go," Orakpo said.

"So hopefully they'll get that situated. That's out of my control. But knowing Lewan if it gets done Saturday before the game Week 1, he'll be ready to go."

Linebacker Kevin Dodd, the No. 33 pick overall in 2016, had stayed away from the offseason program until Tuesday when he faced a fine. He literally ran away from reporters trying to talk to him after practice. Vrabel said he didn't talk to Dodd, only asked him to do what the coaches have asked all the other players to do.

The end of an NFL player's career can be a difficult adjustment with, to start, the sudden dip in adrenaline Authentic Derrick Henry Jersey , camaraderie and competition.

Terence Newman was hardly at risk for a bad experience.

He was able to stay on the field until just three days remained before his 40th birthday, but he never had a serious injury. After the Minnesota Vikings announced his retirement, well, he didn't even have to leave the building. Newman immediately joined the coaching staff and started analyzing film for head coach Mike Zimmer before he could even indulge in a moment of nostalgia.

"I was definitely cool with it. It was something I wanted to try eventually," said Newman, whose title is nickel/defensive backs coach. "I figured, 'When's the best time but now?' I've been in this defense. I know the players. Pretty simple."

As he discussed his decision in front of reporters at team headquarters Monday, two days after the surprise news emerged with the roster cuts to reach the 53-player limit for the regular season , Newman at one point started to cry before recomposing himself after a few seconds. Fifteen years in the league is a long time, after all, and even the steeliest of personalities can be softened by a sentimental cocktail of joy, sadness and pride.

Make no mistake, though: Newman will not be wishing this season he still had a helmet.

"I've thought about what it's going to be like on the sideline and not have to hit 300-pound men," he said. "It's probably going to be different the first time, not having done it before, probably one of those things where you have to really experience it to be able to talk about it."

Though Zimmer approached Newman with the idea, the Vikings were prepared to keep him on the roster. His willingness to become an assistant Womens Melvin Gordon Jersey , thus, allowed them to keep a younger player, like undrafted rookie cornerback Holton Hill for example, who might have otherwise had to hit the waiver wire.

"My body felt good, but I realized that it was time for me to step away,' Newman said. "I wanted to be done and not have to worry about, 'What if I ever start a family? Will I be able to walk and play with my kids and stuff like that?'"

In an interview with The Associated Press last week, before he knew what was coming, Newman said he wasn't spending any extra time this summer savoring his NFL status given that this was already likely going to be his final season as a player. He wasn't anxious about the end coming, either.

"If you respect yourself as a person and don't want to be objectified as just a football player, I feel like you have a much easier transition once you're done because you already understand, hey, you're a person," Newman said. "Football has helped me tremendously and I've enjoyed it, but I'm not a football player. I'm a human being. I'm Terence Newman first and foremost, but I happen to play football."

If an injury were to leave the Vikings short-handed at cornerback, NFL rules would prohibit them from signing Newman. No person employed by a club in any capacity other than as a player may play for any club in that same season unless he's counted on the active list at the time of the roster reduction to 53 players.

Newman's primary proteges are Mackensie Alexander Authentic Khalil Mack Jersey , who was listed as doubtful on the injury report on Friday to play in the opener on Sunday against San Francisco, and Mike Hughes, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I know him on a personal level, so it's kind of him giving me the gems," Alexander said. "His coaching expertise is a little different than a normal coach would have, but it works and I'm loving the opportunity to be coached by him."

The sight of Newman on the practice fields, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt rather than his purple No. 23 jersey, was an odd sight. Newman said hearing his now-former teammates call him "Coach" has been strange. His status as an advice dispenser, though, has remained unchanged.

"He's a guy I went to a lot last year and will continue to go to to ask, 'What is this corner thinking in this technique? What is he trying to take away? Where is he trying to make you go?'" wide receiver Adam Thielen said. "He's just a tremendous asset to this team, and I'm glad he's here."

Detroit Lions Customized Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nariozbmtop
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5489 Themen und 20672 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 101 Benutzer (06.10.2016 22:29).

Xobor Xobor Community Software