Wichtig! Nach der Registrierung erhalten Sie eine E-Mail mit ihren Zugangsdaten.
Absender der E-Mail: info@burunduk.ch

Fotos, Videos, Grafiken und (Texte) sind urheberrechtlich geschützt!

The Philadelphia Phillies have not won a series since

in Fragen vor der Anschaffung 15.04.2019 03:54
von liny195 | 254 Beiträge

the start of August. They’ll try to close out the month on a positive note Friday night against the Chicago Cubs.The scuffling Phillies enter the weekend three games behind the Atlanta Braves in the National League East. Right-hander Nick Pivetta will face Chicago lefty Jose Quintana in the series opener at Citizens Bank Park.The first-place Cubs helped out the Phillies on Thursday night with a win over the Braves in a make-up game. The victory in Atlanta kicked off an 11-game Scott Schebler Jersey , four-city road trip for Chicago (79-54), which is 18-9 in August and has won eight of its last nine games.Article continues below ...The Phillies (71-62), who were off Thursday, have not won any of their last seven series. They are 8-14 in their last 22 games and are also three games out of the second wild card spot in the National League.Philadelphia was an 8-6 winner on Wednesday night over the Washington Nationals and got help from Jose Bautista and Roman Quinn.Bautista, who was acquired through a waiver deal with the New York Mets earlier in the week, reached base four times and drove in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning with a single. Bautista, 37, is playing on his third different team of the season.“I’ve been in this position and teams have gone in both directions,” Bautista told NBC Sports Philadelphia about being in another playoff race. “Hopefully that perspective helps. But for the most part, this is a great group of guys. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that now that I’m here, things are going to change. They’ve done a great job all year long, and they’re going to continue to do that. I hope to bring the energy every single day and continue to contribute.”Quinn, meanwhile, has been forcing his way into the Phillies’ starting lineup in the last 10 days. The 25-year-old outfielder has started in six of the last nine games, and he’s hitting .500 with four extra-base hits, five RBIs and a 1.353 OPS in that span.The switch-hitting Quinn will likely be in the lineup again Friday against Quintana http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-cliff-pennington-jersey , a southpaw.Quintana has gone only five innings in each of his last three starts. He gave up two runs on six hits and three walks against the Cincinnati Reds last Saturday and needed 36 pitches to get through the fourth inning.“From the sideline, there’s no finish on the fastball,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon told mlb.com of Quintana. “It’s probably rest more than anything. It’s not necessarily a mechanical adjustment. He just has to be more accurate with his location of his elevated fastball.”The 29-year-old has a 5.30 ERA and 1.420 WHIP in seven starts since the All-Star break. Quintana is 0-1 with a 5.94 ERA and 1.500 WHIP in three career outings against the Phillies. He had 10 strikeouts against the Phillies in just 5 2/3 innings on June 6.Pivetta has surrendered at least five runs in both of his two previous starts. In 6 2/3 innings, he allowed five runs on seven hits, including two homers, against the Toronto Blue Jays last Saturday.Pivetta is 1-1 against the Cubs with a 5.40 ERA in two career starts.The Phillies and Cubs are meeting for their second and final series of the season. Chicago took two of three from Philadelphia at Wrigley Field in June. PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — San Diego Padres catcher Austin Hedges expected to see Manny Machado make acrobatic plays at third base and hit clutch home runs. What Hedges has learned this spring about his new teammate is just how smart he is.“Everybody knows he can do that,” Hedges said of Machado’s Gold Glove-caliber defense at third base. “I think people notice the things that are God-given but they don’t get to see what we get to see and that’s the work that he puts in and the way he studies the game, which is taking a very talented player and turning him into arguably the greatest player in this game right now.”This is Machado’s first spring with the Padres after signing a $300 million, 10-year contract in February. He batted .297 with 37 homers and 107 RBIs last season.“I played against him for years and his talent speaks for itself,” Padres second baseman Ian Kinsler said. “You understand what he’s capable of on the field, that he can impact the game in many different ways offensively, defensively, and he’s a smart baserunner.”Machado, 26, also brings energy. When Fernando Tatis Jr. sprinted from first base to score in the sixth inning Friday night George Foster Jersey , Machado jumped out of the dugout to celebrate.“He’s been a great teammate,” Padres manager Andy Green said. “I have every anticipation that he will be through all the years to come.”Machado’s impact could be more important behind the scenes.“The biggest impression he’s made on me is not what he does physically,” Hedges said. “It’s not been the great plays he’s made at third, the great at-bats he’s had but it’s the way he sees the game in slow motion. I’ve tried to go out of my way to have little conversations with him, whether it’s during games, before games, after games, just any time. It’s ‘Hey, what was your thought process through this play, in this at-bat?’“You don’t do what he’s done consistently for that many years without really having a high baseball IQ. I’ve tried to let him walk me through some of his thought process and what gives him an advantage, which is his brain. He’s really, really smart. I don’t think people understand how smart he is.”First baseman Eric Hosmer has talked baseball with Machado in the dugout as well. It’s been an education.“That’s what makes him really valuable, especially as a teammate,” Hosmer said. “You’re picking his brain, you’re hearing what he says, you’re hearing the approach that he has. It’s opened a lot of guys’ eyes.”On Friday Tom Seaver Jersey , Machado deftly handled a grounder by the Colorado Rockies’ Mark Reynolds, picking it up with his bare hand and throwing Reynolds out.“There are going to be some plays on the left side of the infield that a lot of us never thought could be done,” Hosmer said. “It’s impressive to watch. Everything is extremely smooth.”On Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels, Machado doubled in the first inning and scored one out later on Franchy Cordero’s home run. Machado also flew out to center in the third and singled in the fourth.In the Angels’ second, Machado nearly threw out Dustin Garneau, who hit a grounder down the third-base line. If teams could use replay in spring training, Green may have challenged the call.Machado is heating up at the right time, going 5 for 13 in his last four games with three RBIs and his first homer for the Padres. San Diego has one more game in Peoria on Sunday against the Cubs, and then closes the exhibition season with two games against the Seattle Mariners at T-Mobile Park on Monday and Tuesday.The Manny Machado era officially begins next Thursday at Petco Park against the San Francisco Giants.“You’ve always appreciated the way he plays against you but it’s different when you’re with guys every day, you see them practice, you see them prepare, you see the way they go about it,” Hosmer said. “It’s kind of a misconception — everyone thinks he’s naturally good and goes out there and makes it look easy. Getting to see all the work that goes in behind the scenes drives up that appreciation level you have as a player.”

nach oben springen